Protecting Excel Spreadsheets with Password Security
Try ExcelSafe with your MS Excel spreadsheets.
Request a demonstration and a free 30-day trial
ExcelSafe adds individual user password protection to all of your MS Excel spreadsheets. Each user ID must have its own password. All users can change their own password and view the requirements for passwords.
Key Features of ExcelSafe Passwords
- All spreadsheets are password protected.
- Unique login IDs and passwords are assigned to all users.
- All users must provide their user ID and password to log onto the system.
- ExcelSafe records all successful system log-ons.
- Password requirements for complexity and expirations can be set by System Administrators.
- System Administrators can also open the User Administration screen to manage group security.
- Multiple levels of security allow you to customize user rights to all spreadsheets.
- Security rights to specific spreadsheets can be customized.
- Provides interface to use LDAP/Active Security for user authentication.
- Spreadsheet password protection is an element of demonstrating compliance with 21 CFR 11.10(d), Limited System Access.
System administrators can update the frequency with which a password may be reused, how frequently passwords expire, and if passwords require numbers, symbols, or uppercase letters.